Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas! I hope yours is filled with friends and family. Sorry for the lack of posts this past months, new job and the general chaos of the holiday season. I did try a few new recipes over the last month or so, and hope to post them one of these days. Today, the plan is to make Christmas pancakes for breakfast, then head over to my auntie's for presents. Later, a friend's coming over for dinner.
Our family tradition is to decorate the tree on Christmas eve, then leave it up till New Year's. In Hawaii, that actually works with the heat. My auntie and I decorated last night while my husband was kept occupied with the computer. I got him to help in 2006, just before we were married, but that's about it. I'll try to remember to take and post pictures.
Christmas Eve Menu
- Prime Rib roasted in a chocolate-ancho chili rub
- Sage Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes
- Salad with roasted asparagus and colored peppers
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Herb roasted turkey
- Basalmic-onion gravy
- cornbread and sourdough cranberry stuffing
- roasted butternut squash
- roasted green beans with sauteed mushrooms
- A new recipe for bread pudding made by my auntie