Happy Monday before Thanksgiving! If you're like me, you might be still working on your Thanksgiving shopping today (and tomorrow). This Thanksgiving will be somewhat more modest than years past as it should just be a few of us this year. That's the plan anyway. My husband has threatened to show up with 10 people at the last minute, but we'll see. In light of the smaller guest list and with Black Friday shopping starting at 10pm on Thursday, I'm opting for a simple menu. Mind you that this might change once I hit the stores, particularly if other veggies look good or if I get inspired. Here's what I'm planning (most of the pictures are from last year):
1. Herb-Butter Roasted Turkey
2. Cranberry-Walnut Dressing
3. Caramelized Onion Balsamic Gravy - An absolute must!
4. Roasted Butternut Squash with Thyme
5. Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms (or possibly Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter)
6. Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce
7. Apple Pie or Apple Pie Pockets
8. Pumpkin Pie
What's on your menu?
Post a Comment