Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I know this post comes a little late in the day, but I'm back in Hawaii. While this is the third or fourth consecutive Thanksgiving that I've spent in Hawaii since heading off to college in 1997, this is the first year that I didn't have to do mad plane-dash to make it on time. A couple years ago, I carried 4 pies in my carry-on on the plane that I'd made in Baltimore so that we could eat soon after my plane landed. I'm thankful for being able to do my own grocery shopping, my own prep work, and cook a good portion of the meal myself this Thanksgiving.
Other things I'm thankful for:
1. My family, especially my husband and auntie. While the move back was extremely chaotic and scary at time, family helped it run smoothly and worth the trouble. I'm also excited that I am finally living with my husband after nearly 4 years of marriage, mostly apart.
2. My friends, past and present. Each has added something meaningful to my life. My extended family. I am also thankful that I survived, thus far, this visit and that it ends before I start my new job.
3. My cute and thus-far comfortable new home, even with the wildlife.
4. My health and my nifty new gym just down the street. I am also thankful for the good health of my family and friends.
5. My new job and past work experiences, all have benefited and shaped me in different ways.
6. The educational opportunities I've had and the numerous further learning experiences to come.
7. My hobbies that give me an outlet for my creativity, and the ability to share my passions with others through blogging, paper crafts, cooking, and crochet.
I am thankful that Thanksgiving is here and dinner will be soon, and that Black Friday shopping starts online in less than 5 hours!
Thanks for visiting.