Sorry for such a long break in blogging. I finally completed my move from Chicago to Hawaii and having been enjoying having my husband back. We moved into a cute little cottage in Kaneohe. No dishwasher, but decent kitchen for now. I actually have been both cooking and baking, but haven't posted until now. I did take pictures, and will hopefully get around to posting them. These muffins were made for my auntie's friends at her weekly cooking classes. Hope they liked them. I adapted a recipe found here at Food.com.
1.5 c all-purpose flour
1 c oatmeal (quick)
1 TBS baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 c dark brown sugar
1 c raisins
1/2 c walnuts, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c canola oil
3/4 c skim milk
1 c pumpkin (I used canned)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk flour through brown sugar together.
3. Make a well in the center and whisk in egg, milk, canola oil, and pumpkin.
4. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
5. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Remove from tins and cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 12-14 regular muffins