Pasty dough for a 9" double pie crust
5 cups peeled abd sliced peaches, about 8 small
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
3/4 c granulated sugar
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 T butter
1 egg beaten with 1 T water
1. Preheat 450 degrees.
2. Roll 1/2 of dough out until it is about 11-12 inches in diameter. Place in pie dish, brush with butter.
3. Combine all dry ingredients and toss with peaches.
4. Pour peach mixture into pie, dot with butter.
5. Roll remaining dough and cut into strips. Make a simple lattice and brush with egg mixture.
6. Bake 10 minutes in 450 degree oven, then reduce to 350 and bake for an addition 30-40 minutes until crust is golden and mixtures is bubbly.
Post a Comment