I was sorely tempted to schedule this card for the 4th of July as I'm not sure I will have time to make more cards before Independence Day rolls around. However, since the darn thing took me quite a lot of time, I wasn't able to make any others. I will have to attempt to make more tonight or tomorrow. This card features that Cricut Lite Block Party cartridge. I was initially hesitant about this card, but it's turning out to be a wonderful summer-themed cart. That being said, making the picnic table was a pain in the butt because I couldn't "see" what colors each layer was supposed to be. I really wish Cricut would provide suggestions as to color choices for images besides the main image. Here's my card.
- A2 white orange base. If using orange or other dark color, use a lining. Mine is punched using Martha Stewart's scalloped and dots punch.
- Pattern paper cut a 4 x 5.25"
- Picnic table from Cricut Lite Block Party, cut at 3.5". The hotdog is cut a 1/2", and the watermelon and burger are both cut at 3/4". The food is adhered using a glue dots for a bit of dimension.
- Grass is from Paper Doll Dress Up and cut at 3/4". I am so pleased with the extras on this cart--I've only made one doll, but used the accessory many times.
- Sentiment cut at 3/4" using the Alphalicious cartridge with the Short Stack feature key on. I then ran the letters through my Zyron.
- corner rounder
- Adhesives: Zig glue pen, Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro, glue dots, Xyron