5 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
4 cups sourdough bread cubes
2 cups chopped Vidalia (or other sweet variety) onion
1 cup finely chopped celery
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 (3-ounce) packages dried cranberries [I think this is ~1 cup]
1 1/2 cups walnut halves, toasted
2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
2 tsp. rubbed sage
1 1/2 to 2 1/3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup orange juice
1. Combine cornbread and bread cubes in large bowl; toss and set aside.
2. Cook onion, celery, and garlic in melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, just until tender.
3. Add onion mixture, dried cranberries, and next 4 ingredients to bread mixture; stir well.
4. Add broth and orange juice, stirring until mixture is thoroughly moistened.
5. Spoon dressing into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until golden.YIELD 10 to 12 servings.
Post a Comment